This is my favorite way to eat asparagus. It is probably related to the fact that it is so easy. I’m all about easy!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the ends of the asparagus. (The best way to do this is just to bend them and let them break where it happens naturally. It may be painful to lose a large portion of the stem, but this way you won’t have yucky chewy parts.)
- Place the asparagus on a cookie sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Roast for 15-20 minutes. (It really depends on how done you like them—personally I could eat mine blackened, but most people may not appreciate that.)
- Remove from oven and add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Eat and enjoy!