Our blueberry bushes are covered in berries which I finally got around to picking on Saturday. I used them to make some lovely blueberry muffins. I planned on taking a picture of said muffins, but there was, in fact, a Muffin Theft here on Monday morning. After my mother and the neighbor finished their morning walk, they popped in and took some muffins. They claimed I said it was okay, but I’m pretty sure I was still asleep, and everyone knows I can’t be held responsible for things I say while sleeping.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line muffin tin with muffin papers. (The recipe makes 16-ish muffins when the cups are filled all the way to the top.)
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries and those for the topping. Stir well. (I mix mine in the KitchenAid, which I’m pretty sure is unnecessary, but good for us lazy folks.) Fold in blueberries. Fill muffin cups right to the top. (I think this muffin mix is thicker than some other muffins that I make and every time I wonder if they are going to turn out.)
- Mix together ingredients for topping with a fork. (For those of you who received a gift of these muffins over the weekend, you may be horrified to know that if the butter is too cold, I mix it with my hands. I do wash them first! Sometimes. Haha.) Sprinkle over muffins before baking.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Eat and enjoy! (And don’t let the neighbors know that you’ve made them.)